What Are Your Greatest Weaknesses?
Wondering how to answer the interview question, “what are your greatest weaknesses”?
- Make sure your answer does not touch on the essential qualifications or merit criteria of the job; and
- State how you are overcoming that weakness.
Examples of greatest weaknesses can be?
- Public speaking – I am taking classes, i.e. Toastmaster, to become better at public speaking;
- Not providing my input without being asked – I am taking public speaking classes.
- Can not say no to helping someone in need of help – I am making sure that my work is done before I assist others.
- Fast decision maker – Taking a step back to examine all possibilities; making a mind-map, pro and con list, etc…
You should never say that you have no weaknesses!
Generally, you should avoid the following weaknesses:
- Strong organizational skills;
- Poor customer service;
- Not hardworking.